The company’s business scope is focusing on the total logistics services. We have our own warehouses locating in the most strategic locations i.e. 1 WH in free trade zone of Myawaddy and 2 WHs in Yangon -Mingalardon Industrial Park and Thaketa. The company’s services cover inland transportation routes among Myawaddy, Karen State to the major cities of Myanmar such as but not limit to Yangon, Naypyitaw, Mandalay, and Taunggyi. As together with the service-link from Srithai Group in Thailand, SML is one of a few logistics service provider in Myanmar who can offer an actual door to door services from anywhere in Thailand to anywhere in Myanmar by land, sea, and air freight. SML is a one stop services for any client who is looking for a transit shipment from third countries through Thailand to Myanmar. Also in near future, with our Group’s new setup companies in AEC countries, we will be able to connect the South China Sea with the Andaman Sea or so called East West Economics Corridor by the inland transportation.
SML is not running only dry cargo handling but it is also running its owned reefer trucks and reefer containers. The scope of the reefer truck is mainly from Myawaddy to Yangon and vice versa as to support the movement of temperature controlled products such as frozen food, chilled food, medicine, plantation, and etc. between Thailand and Myanmar. In Yangon, we have ability to provide reefer containers both for rent and sale. We will soon setup our reefer storage in Yangon to support our customers who are such as hotels, restaurants, and supermarkets. Apart from the general cargo handling, SML has started its owned roller mixer with Myanmar CPAC Services Co., Ltd., a subsidiary company of SCG Thailand, to serve the ready mixed concrete for constructions in Yangon area and will expand to other major cities in a year to come. The mid-term plan of the company is looking forward to open new line of businesses to support the high growth in demand for the Myanmar market. Those businesses will cover Automobile, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, Basic Petrochemical, and much more.
- Domestic Warehouse and Transportation
- Cross Border and Multimodal Transportation
- Door to Door Delivery/ One Stop Services from anywhere in Thailand to Myanmar by land, sea, and air freight.
- Transit shipment from third countries through Thailand to Myanmar.
- Inland transportation from Myawaddy, to the major cities of Myanmar such as Hpa-An, Mawlamyine, Bago, Yangon, Naypyitaw, Mandalay, Taunggy, and etc.
- Cold Chain Business i.e. Cold Storage, Reefer container, Reefer truck, and etc.
- Special Project i.e. Roller Mixer Truck, Petroleum and Petrochemical Bulk
- The weight limitation on Thai-Myanmar Friendship Bridge
- The difference in weighting regulation and vehicle’s truck size between two countries
- Low skill labors and less machinery for transshipment of the cargo
Time consuming on the custom clearance processes
- Road to Kawkareik is restricted to 1 way, and the direction is alternated everyday
- Condition of the road is up & down hill with sharp curves, and the road surface is bumpy from sinking and fixing causing low speed and high vibration
- The new Road has already finished but still under control of KNU & DKBA
- Narrow road and right hand drive with right side driving causing more difficult and risky to pass over
- Less road light for night driving and there are a lot rifles during night time
- There are many toll-pay points on the way to Yangon
The construction of the new bridge “Friendship Bridge No.2” with the separation of truck & tourist terminal
- Less traffic from 2 border passes
- Segregation of tourists & commercial trucks
- Allow bigger trucks with more volume of cargoes to across the bridge
The new road from Myawaddy to Kawkareik is wider as 4 lanes and less curve
- Shorten the traveling time from 2-3 hours to only 45-50 minutes.
- Export & import shipment can be transferred across border everyday
- Delivery of cargoes during rainy season is possible with less risk
The new regulation for new cars and trucks imported to Myanmar must be left-hand driving
- Reduce the significant number of road accident
- Shorten the driving time